- The JPEG output of GF-1 produces some flat colors and weird color shifts in certain colors. Dpreview noted a pinkish shift in the blue skies while imaging-resource noted that yellow becomes muted and orange becomes brown. These are mainly observed in JPEGs and RAW output are generally free of such issues.
- Panasonic's JPEG output falls behind competition in terms of details and high ISO JPEG output.
- Lower Dynamic Range than E-P1
- AF, Metering and overall performance of the camera is superior to the E-P1.
- Better screen, flash and an EVF option
- Despite weak JPEG outputs, RAW outputs are great